Sign the official petition. There are currently 9.9 MILLION signatures!
- Donate directly to her family’s gofundme.
- Use her hashtags and flood social media platforms
- Use #SayHerName hashtag along with messages remembering Taylor. Utilize your platforms to make sure justice is brought to her case.
- Instagram – tag these accounts: @GovAndyBeshear (governor of Kentucky), @RandPaul (U.S. junior senator from Kentucky), @LMPD (Louisville Metro Police Department), and/or @LouisvilleMayor (mayor of Louisville).
- Twitter – tag these handles: @LMPD.KY (Louisville Metro Police Department), @MayorGregFischer (mayor of Louisville), and/or @GovAndyBeshear (governor of Kentucky).
- Donate to the Louisville Community Bail Fund
- Donate to The Loveland Foundation
- Contact Officials: Minimal script to use in calls and emails: I’m [calling/emailing/contacting] you for two reasons.
- First, the world is waiting for you to hold the officers who killed Breonna Taylor accountable and have them arrested for her murder.
- Second: Immediately drop the
felonyALL charges against the people who gathered peacefully at the home of the Attorney General’s house. This action was necessitated by your inaction. You’ve had four months to do the right thing.
- Both these issues together are a black-eye for Louisville and the state of Kentucky. Stop digging your hole deeper. Bring justice to her killers, apologize to her family and make reparations as best you can.
- Additional if you want it: I’m not from Louisville, nor from Kentucky, but as Martin Luther King, Jr. said in his famous “Letter from the Birmingham Jail”:
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” What happens regarding Ms. Taylor and her protesters affects this entire country.
- Make some phone calls.
- Police Public Integrity Unit: 502-574-2136
- Louisville Metro Council: 502-574-3902
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer: 502-574-2003
- Kentucky District Attorney Tom Wine: 502-595-2300
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul: 202-224-4343
- Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear: 502-564-2611
- Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron: 502-696-5300
- Send some emails.
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer: email@example.com
- Assistant Police Chief Robert Schroeder: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron: email@example.com
- Kentucky District Attorney Director of Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a letter. (Here’s Beyoncé’s letter)
Here’s Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron’s address (it was his house the protesters were in front of): Office of the Attorney General, 700 Capital Avenue, Suite 118, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-3449
- Louisville Metro Mayor Greg Fischer’s address: Mayor Greg Fischer, 527 W Jefferson Street #600, Louisville, Kentucky 40202